Properties are funded and regulated by a number of agencies, including: the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD); the California Housing Finance Agency (CalHFA); the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee; the Affordable Housing Program of the Federal Home Loan Bank; the Section 8 Moderate Rehabilitation Program; the City of Palo Alto through its Housing Reserve Funds; Home Investment Partnerships Program (HOME); and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds.

Since the rules and regulations of these programs are ever-changing, we recommended going directly to those departments for the most up to date resources.